With the lifting of Covid restrictions in the UK, we’ve decided to take a bit of a Middle Ground approach to serving you at Chapter One:
- Table bookings are not available, customers will be seated on a first come, first served basis. If you’re planning on visiting with a group larger than six, please get in touch beforehand.
- Service from the bar has resumed, however we ask that once you receive your drinks that you take a seat at one of our fabulous tables in the pub. If we feel it’s getting a bit busy, we may revert to providing table service to avoid crowding at the bar.
- If you feel unwell, please don’t enter the premises. Stay at home and we hope you feel better soon. If you’re stuck indoors and need tasty beers get in touch or Independent Spirit of Bath has a fantastic range on offer and can provide local delivery.
- Wearing face coverings is optional for customers & staff but please show courtesy to your fellow customers and respect their boundaries and personal space. We love it when you guys mingle, however others may have different comfort levels when it comes to contact with others. If you are enjoying a chat, please try to keep seated while you socialise.
- We will continue accepting card payments only.
- All surfaces will be routinely sanitised. Hand sanitiser will be available for you to use – those germs won’t stand a chance!
- If you’re unsure about anything, just ask!
Can I still buy Draught Beer to take away?
Yep! We’ve got 6 shiny counter pressure bottle filling taps which means we can sell 2 litre and 500ml bottles of lovely, fresh draught beer for you to enjoy at home, or in the park or garden. You don’t need to bring anything – we have the bottles and their cost is included in the price of your beer. This service will continue to be available when we reopen for drink in service.
Unfortunately we cannot fill containers brought from home, but the bottles we provide are fully recyclable.
The counter pressure system is nifty because it purges the bottle first with carbon dioxide (the stuff that makes the beer bubbles) and then fills the bottle while releasing the co2 at the same time. This means no oxygen comes into contact with the beer and you don’t lose any precious carbonation in the pouring process. When you open the bottle at home and pour yourself that first pint, it should be as fresh as if it was just poured for you at the pub.
What else ya got?
In addition to draught beers, we have a wider range of beers in the fridge, along with ciders and premixed cocktails so there should be something to make every set of taste buds happy! We’ll be mixing up some badass G&Ts (using our own in-house gin). For the wine lovers, we have a great range of wines curated by our mates at Wolf Wines which can also be bought to take away using the refill system – we have refillable bottles you can buy or you can bring your own clean 750ml bottle with a lid for us to refill.